TANZANIA CHEMICAL SOCIETY

T.C.S

The Tanzania Chemical Society (TCS) was founded in June 1997. The society was officially registered on 17th October 1997  as required by the Tanzanian law under the Societies  Ordinance, 1954 and given registration number SO. No. 9150.

The officials of the Tanzania Chemical Society include: A chairperson, a vice chairperson, a secretary, an assistant secretary, a treasurer and members of council.
 

OFFICE BEARERS

 


Prof. O. C. Othman
Professor in Analytical Chemistry at the Chemistry Department,
University of Dar es Salaam

Chairman (2010)

Dr. Ludovick Manege
Director of Industrial Research,
Tanzania Industrial Research and Development Organization (TIRDO)
Vice Chairman (2008)

 

 



Mr Alcheraus J. M. Rwazo

Head, Pesticides Registration and Control
Tropical Pesticides Research Institute
Arusha
Secretary (2008)


 

 

Dr. Ester Innocent
Research fellow and Head of the Department of Biological and Pre-clinical studies, Institute of Traditional Medicine, Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS)
Treasurer (2008)

 


Dr. Lenard D. Akwilapo
Lecturer in Inorganic Chemistry at the Chemistry Department,
University of Dar es Salaam
Council Member (2003)

 

 

 

Lt. Col. Jacob Gideon Kingu

Deputy General Manager of Tanzansino United Pharmaceiticals, Tanzania Defence Forces

Council Member (2008)

Mrs. M. P. Macha
Tropical Pesticides Research Institute
Arusha

Council Member (2008)

Among the objectives of the society is to promote the advancement of Chemical Sciences and Technology as well as communication and co-ordination between and among chemists and allied professionals in Tanzania.